Established in 2009, Neighborhood Nexus brings better data and insights to the thousands of decision-makers throughout metro Atlanta.
Rapid change in the Atlanta area drives the need for more and better information. Neighborhood Nexus is a community intelligence system, providing data, tools, and expertise as a catalyst to create more equitable opportunity for all of the region’s residents. Our aim is to support a regional network of information-led leaders and residents, government and businesses, advocates and service providers with information, tools and expertise that meet challenges, leverage assets and create opportunity.
As a community information system, Neighborhood Nexus is an invaluable community resource that uses the latest technology and respected expertise to provide the most accurate, up-to-date data and research about the Atlanta region’s communities and neighborhoods.
- Our system houses more than 700 categories of demographic indicators—and is growing.
- Data from the U.S. Census cross-references against state and regional information from sources such as the Department of Education, the Department of Public Health and the Atlanta Regional Commission.
- Data is aggregated in “quality of life” categories that initially include health, wealth and wisdom (i.e. education) that are relevant to community decision-makers.
- Data is accessible to anyone, 24/7.
- The site provides community analytics through tools such as Weave, as well as mapping that allows the data to be sorted down to the neighborhood (i.e., census tract) level.
- Neighborhood Nexus allows users to spend time on analytics, rather than on gathering data itself.
Mike Alexander // Director of Center for Livable Communities, Atlanta Regional Commission
Alan Andersen // Assistant Vice President for University Partnerships, Emory University
Ginneh Baugh // Vice President, Strategy and Knowledge Development, United Way of Greater Atlanta
Christine Brodnan // Regional Program Director, Horizons Atlanta
Fabiola Charles Stokes // Atlanta Market Executive, Community Affairs, Google
Tom Cunningham // Senior Vice President and Chief Economist, Metro Atlanta Chamber (MAC)
Dr. Mallory Freeman // Principal Data Scientist, Advanced Technology Group, UPS
Debra Lam // Managing Director, Smart Cities and Inclusive Innovation, Georgia Institute of Technology
Maria Mollise // Director, Commercial Real Estate, Weissman
Julia Day Neighbors // Director, Prevent Child Abuse Georgia
Dr. Steve Nichols // Chief Technology Officer, Georgia Technology Authority
David Oliver, Board Chair // Senior Vice President, Member Solutions, Georgia Bankers Association
Alicia Philipp // President, Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta
Anna Pinder // Director, Community Intelligence, Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta
Dr. Dana Rickman // Vice President, Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education
Charles Ross // Interim President and CEO, International Business Innovation Association (InBIA)
Jackie Stradley // Executive Director, Betty and Davis Fitzgerald Foundation
Dr. Beverly Wright // Partner, Data Science, RelationalAI; Partner, ATLytics
Neighborhood Nexus would not be possible without the dedicated support of our core partners: