The Nonprofit Finance Fund surveyed 1,100 nonprofit leaders about the impact of the last two years on their organizations.
- 71% of survey respondents saw an increase in service demand during the pandemic
- Almost twice as many Black-led organizations (49%) were impacted a great deal by the events surrounding the murder of George Floyd versus all organizations (28%)
- 88% of nonprofits changed the way they work
- 51% think changes are permanent
- The top three staffing challenges were employing enough staff to do all the work (55%), offering competitive pay (51%), and staff burnout (36%)
Read the full findings of NFF’s 2022 State of the Nonprofit Sector report.